lundi 11 avril 2011

Lords of cords

I know it will sound very cheesy and teenager,
but I've always been a big fan of Apocalytica since I heard their first album "Plays Metallica by Four cellos" in 1996 ...
I have to say that with a violinist mother,
I hated to hear the strings squeak, vibrate, repeat 50 times the same parts again and again on Sunday mornings. Classical, baroque, contemporary .... I heard her train a thousands of times,
wondering how I could one day not to be disgusted by violin or the strings.....

But then .... 3 wizzards have detected the magic .....
Heavy metal played by three cellos, purely classical parts who switch to speed and violence
through an unexpected style for this instrument.
The roundness, the melancholy of the bow's sounds, and the power and strength of heavy metal's rhythm...
Perfection, to me .... I'm in love ....
They came to play at the docks in Lausanne on Sunday,
and guess who obviously was just in front of the stage?? (With eyes shining full of gratitude and admiration....)
Unfortunately I didn't take my camera, thinking that it could be forbidden to have one.
but Sylvain's phone saved me on this one!
When I told you "like a teenager" I should tell you "groupie", eh? But I dont care, I assume ....
I was a little afraid that they were the kind of band that just do his "duty tour"
without giving that much for a small hall in Switzerland. I was complitely wrong!
Pure moments of happiness, the group was very generous on stage,
there was a real symbiosis between them and the public. They are possessed by the music they play ...
I traveled on their bows ...
I can only thank these great men, lords of the cords ....


Je sais, ça va faire très teenager et midinette, mais j'ai toujours été super fan d'Apocalytica
depuis que j'ai entendu leur premier album "plays Metallica by four cellos" en 1996...
Il faut dire qu'avec une maman violoniste j'avoue avoir détesté les dimanches matins à entendre les cordes se répéter
encore et encore et encore, grincer, vibrer, reprendre les même parties 50 fois.
Du classique, du baroque, du contemporain....
Je l'ai entendue s'entraîner des milliers de fois en me demandant comment je pourrais un jour
ne pas être dégoutée par les instruments à cordes..... Et puis.... 3 magiciens ont détecté la formule....
Du heavy metal joué par 3 violoncelles, des passages purement classiques qui virent à la rapidité et la violence
d'un style décalé pour cet instrument .
La rondeur, la mélancolie des sons sous les archets, et la puissance et la force du rythme du heavy metal.....
La perfection à mes yeux....J'adore....

Ils sont venus jouer aux docks à Lausanne dimanche, et évidemment devinez qui était tout devant???
(Avec les yeux tout brillants, remplis de gratitude et d'admiration....)
Je n'ai malheureusement pas pris mon appareil photo, pensant qu'on allait peut être me le confisquer,
mais le portable de sylvain m'a bien dépannée sur ce coup là!
Quand je vous dit teenager, c'est quasiment la groupie, hein?
Mais je m'en fous, j'assume....
J'ai eu un peu peur que ce soit le genre de groupe qui vient juste faire son "devoir de tournée",
sans pour autant se donner pour une petite salle Suisse.
Je me suis complétement plantée!!!
Pur moment de bonheur, le groupe est très très généreux sur scène,
il y a une vraie symbiose entre eux et le public.
Ils sont possédés par ce qu'ils jouent... J'ai voyagé sur leurs archets...
Je ne peux que remercier ces grands messieurs, seigneurs des cordes....


Eica Toppinnen
Perttu Kivilaakso :)


this video is kind of old but I didn't find another good live one




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire